Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
What a great reunion! Despite the morning rain, hundreds of Raider alumni showed up to our big event. We would like to thank everyone that attended and hope you had a great time! While we don’t have a final count yet, we estimate there were over 550 alumni plus their guests that attended, over 700 people! A few interesting alumni stats: The oldest attending was Doris Reynolds from the Class of 1938 and the youngest was Joseph Gridley, from the Class of 2016. Some folks traveled from as far away as California, Oregon and Washington State, as well as the Virgin Islands, but the farthest traveled was Tom Kelsey (’68), all the way from Sweden, over 3,900 miles!
If you donated money or time to help make this a great reunion, we give you a big, heartfelt thank you!
- Thank you to those who donated money to help with general expenses or towards our fireworks show.
- Thank you Gerry Reynolds (‘56) and Jim Simmons Sr. of the Trumansburg Fairgrounds Association for your work getting the grounds ready and assisting us with getting set up for the large crowd to arrive.
- Thank you Trumansburg Public Works Department for putting up the Alumni Welcome banner and Tim Manheim (’07) for setting up the fairgrounds entrance billboard announcing the reunion.
- Thank you John (’73) and Tom Manheim (’76), Scott Salino (’78) and Bob Stevenson (’61) for helping the reunion committee set-up prior the event, as well as the morning after the event. Thank you to Carolyn (’61) & Doug Duddleston (’61), Greg Van Ness (’93), Mary June King (’77) & Jeff Soule, Tom Wright (’77) and Jo Fudger Fleming (’77) for also showing up to help clean up!
- Thank you Sally Wright Tillinghast (’76) and Liz Lawrence Coats (’76) for your work on the Alma Mater banner and history of the Alma Mater. Liz, you did a great job leading us in singing the Alma Mater!
- Thank you to all the Registration volunteers who are too many to mention, but know we couldn’t have done it without each and every one of you!!!
- Thank you Bill Kenney (’78) and the Sons of the Legion, Carol VanDerzee (’80) and Falls Tavern and the Trumansburg Fairgrounds Association for providing food and beverages for our reunion.
- Thank you Cathy Baisley (’74) for making the one of a kind, hand-made T-burg memory quilt to be raffled, with the proceeds to be split between the Alumni Association and the TCSD Foundation. Congratulations to Don Uitti (’56), who was the winner of the beautiful quilt!
- Thank you Becky Housworth Jackson (’90) and the Class of 2018 for coordinating the parking and selling 50/50 raffle tickets, with half the proceeds going to their class. Congratulations to Lynne Vrooman (’79), winner of the raffle, who generously donated her winnings back to the Class of 2018.
- Thank you Ed Brown (’46) for your awesome and entertaining T-burg history presentation that exceeded our attendance expectation, we lost count after 100! We may have to put you under the big tent in 2020! Thank you Dana Smith (’67) for letting us borrow the sound system for Ed’s presentation.
- Thank you Emily Salino for your artistic face paintings on the kids.
- Thank you Rob Sterling (’81) for the great job DJing. We appreciated the help announcing the classes for the class pictures and playing the patriotic songs during the fireworks.
- Thank you to Chris Kitchen Photography for working with us to get all our class pictures. View and order your class pictures at http://www.ckpad.co/tcs2016. Contact us if you need help!
- Thank you Sue Wertis (’79) for handling the design, sale and distribution of the Mad Dog T-shirts.
- Thank you to the Historical Society, TCS Yearbook Club, Sue Carpenter Sheerer (’86) for having a table, selling your items.
- Thank you to the TCSD Foundation for your support during Homecoming 2015 and our reunion. We look forward to working with you in the future!
- Thank you Bob Wilson (’76) and the T-burg Alumni Golf for your generous donation! They went ahead, played their tournament in the drenching rain, and still had fun. Team Van Ness won the tournament.
- Congratulations to the new inductees into the Sports Booster Hall of Fame!
- Thank you Pyrotechnico for the most amazing fireworks display! Great job to our own Tim Manheim (’07) for assisting “Bob” shooting off the display!
- Last but not least, we want to say thank you, THANK YOU to Mad Dog ’77 and Michael Kehoe (’77) for another AWESOME show!!!! You guys ROCKED!!! So many great performances on the stage we’ll never forget. We appreciate all your time, hard work, love and sweat putting on this great show for us, also thanking those who may have traveled so far, to bring so many TCS alumni together!
We are going to take a break before we start planning the 2020 reunion, but we would love to hear your comments about what you liked or didn’t like about the 2016 reunion or how to improve things we did. Please send your comments and any ideas for what you’d like to see at the 2020 reunion to firstname.lastname@example.org. We heard from many of you that you’d be willing to help organize the 2020 reunion so we’ll be contacting you in the near future!!!!
Don’t forget to sign-up for the FREE alumni website at www.tcsalumni.com and keep your address and email updated every time it changes please!
See you in 2020!
Your 2016 TCS Alumni Committee
Kim Gatch Salino (’77), Lynne Vrooman (’79), Joan Housworth Manheim (’74), Barb Burns Wright (’78), Becky Housworth Jackson (’90), Nancy Housworth Rundle (’76) and Sally Wright Tillinghast (’76)
Introducing the TCSD Alumni Walk of Fame!
The Trumansburg Central School District Alumni Walk of Fame recognizes and honors T-burg graduates for significant achievement in their pursuit of higher education, their professional careers and/or in service to their community. Walk of Fame Inductees serve as outstanding role models for Trumansburg School District students and provide the opportunity to celebrate our graduate's outstanding achievements.
- All nomination materials must be postmarked or received by August 15 to be considered for fall induction into the Walk of Fame.
- The Walk of Fame committee will induct two members on Friday, October 14th, 2016 as part of our Homecoming Celebration.
- Alumni may nominate themselves for this honor.
- All information for individuals nominated and not selected for induction in a given year will remain on file and will be reviewed each year. Nominees, or nominators, may update the information at any time.
- Walk of Fame Inductees will be selected by a committee based on nomination materials and a research of records as part of the selection process.
- Nominations may be submitted posthumously.,
Download the form for criteria and more information, or view electronically here.
The TCSD Alumni Walk of Fame is co-sponsored by TCSD and The Trumansburg Central School District Foundation.
Any questions can be directed to TburgAlumniWAlkofFame@Tburg-k12.ny.us - See more here.